Skip to main content

THE OTHER SIDE

Oh Fissssh ! Nooo ! Our bus was in the middle of traffic jam !! Just 10 mins more and I would’ve seen myself sipping coffee at home but hell.. this traffic ! Past 35 mins, parking myself on the middle seat of the last row of the 8 pm bus I had been cursing …..

•The civil engineer who constructed the road which made our bus bounce like a ball

•My neighbors on either sides who were competing b/w themselves to squeeze me like a lemon.

•The heat in the air which made me feel like a potato in the cooker

•The radio in the bus which played the song “Panchi banu Udti phiru mast gagan mein..”

( Errrrrr ..how I felt like hammering it till the springs in it sound ..DWAIING DWAIING :) )

•The Indian population who managed to own so many vehicles which caused the traffic jam. (I bet Mr.Ratan would’ve never thought of the NANO if he would’ve been in my place ).

•Lastly …I was cursing myself for the reason that I was cursing others .

Before things got worse and I started cursing GOD for his creativity…I warned myself “ Hey you girlie-grudger STOP pesting !! :mrgreen: HOLD IT!! CHILLL !! n look around ..there’s so much of amusement around “ !! and guys you wont believe , in the next 20 minutes I witnessed and thought of the most amusing, entertaining and funny people on earth …..’The people in the bus …’

THE SLEEPERS : They were maximum amongst the lot. Horns,Radio,Smoke ,heat, light , force against their own inertia and even the open defects in defect lists din’t seem to bother their inactivity .They had completely surrenendered themselves to their fatigue…some with mouth wide open ..some with their heads towards the sky ..some towards the ground..some with their heads on the window panes and some almost on their neighbour’s shoulders ..

THE PRETENDERS : They were the ones who were trying hard to be THE SLEEPERS..but probably the thoughts of ‘ null pointers in their code /java script error/ which vegetable to cook ‘ made them wake up from time to time…

THE DOZERS : They were the funniest amongst the lot…At one instant they were conscious and at the next instant they were un . At one instant they were straight n still and the other instant they were swinging .The process is amazing ….It goes like this …….First they stare and stare at ..god-knows-what

Then open and close their eyelashaes go..

Up and down their eyeballs go..

Front and back jerks their neck (everytime the intensity increasing) and then …after some time the world becomes dark for them and finally the show starts.. In a very rhythmic motion (in sync wid the bus)..

Swinnnggg goes their upper body goes to right and to the left.

Swinnnggg it goes up and down Until..

•Their chin hits their chest or

•until their head hits the window or the bar in front or back-rest of the seat or

•until they suddenly feel their neighbor or

•until the bus runs over a speed breaker or over a trench .

•or until their atlas (cervical vertibrae) gives up supporting the weight of their head or the angle which they are trying to attain :)

And then taaa ddaaa …suddenly they wake up with eyes wide open … Right and left they look to ensure if nobody has seen them dozing..then being contended that nobody has (when the whole world has ) they return to the normal state and then process continues …They are damn funny

But I don’t understand one thing Why don’t the dozers sleeeep ??? What holds them from sleeping..and why do they consider sleeping as crime???

THE PRACTITIONERS : Some of these are ardent followers of baba Ramdev ..for.. they practice his principles in the bus by continuously rubbing nails of one hand over the other making the neighbor go frenzy by that sound.-Then some of them are tabla/drum practioners ..with earphones stuffed in the ears…
zap zap zap their fingers dance over the knees or on the bag-in-lap or on the seat….and Tap tap tap.. their toes tap trying to synch the beat of god-knows-which song. -Some of them do their singing pactice ..they hum and hum a tune which makes the neighbor wonder ..”What the heck …which song is that ”. -There are some practitioners who practice “SNAKE”,”TENNIS”,”ROAD RASH” games on their mobiles.

THE READERS : There are some readers who burry their heads in the book and look up only when the bus stops .
-There are some readers who have the book in their hands …but are aware of each and every overtaking vehicle on the way.

-There are some readers who read less and struggle with the newspaper pages and the wind more. - There are some readers who read and re-read the smses sent to them .

SPEAKERS AND LISTENERS :Speakers are the ones who incessantly speak and speak over the phones or with their neighbours….and listeners are the ones who are either the neighbours of THE SPEAKERS or who listen over the phone and say “OK..OK”/”hmm..hmm”/”Accha accha”. Then other types could be‘THE OUTLOOKERS’, ‘THE PONDERES : who think of god-knows-what’, ’THE EDGIES : who sit at the edge of their seats and behave as if every stop is their stop and they are going to get down at every stop ..they just cannot sit on their seats’ , THE UNDESCRIPTIVE : These are the ones with insipid and bland look on their faces …the look ..which just cannot be descibed.’
And finallly the most important type of person in the bus ….THE DRIVER (I don’t need to tell @ him )

As I was enjoying ..seeing..and thinking about these people suddenly the bus stopped !! My destination had arrived !! I couldn’t believe that 20 mins had passed !! and moreover I couldn’t believe that I was geting down with a smile…

WHAT i LEARNT FROM THE INCIDENT : Just when I thought that world should end …just when I was cribbing about all the possible things at sight …I happend to look on the other side ….and there I was….laughing and smiling …I could have kept on cribbing but I did not ..


Every situation has two sides ..You cannot keep on looking at one …you need to look at the other side as well !! And then ..its YOU who need to choose which side you would like to stick to


In a nutshell: LIFE IS ALL ABOUT LOOKING ON BOTH SIDES AND CHOOSING THE RIGHT ONE …. soooo..evryone choose the right side (correct i mean ) and be happy always ..even in traffic jams

Comments

  1. Awareness, good observation and great sense of humour.
    You have them in plenty! :)
    Keep smiling dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too good..."Panchi banu Udti phiru mast gagan mein..” :D :D i m actually commenting before even reading the whole post.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was listening to panchi banu at the exact same time as you were. I googled the song, and found your blog :) so maybe the song did you some good after all

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MADLY IN LOVE [Tennis]

Being a Tom boy , rarely when I tell my collegues “that Guy is  nice na ..or he’s cool na ”they stare at me with appreciation and say Hmmm“ D Girl’s Improving !!” But people today..i declare i am in love with him..Madly in lov e with him :) So here goes…for what I feel.   4 years has real been a long time dear, But nw my feeling 4 you have bcome crystal clear.  I can surely tell you that its not your success or money, But I can’t tell you what exactly I look in you honey. You win or you loose I don’t care, But my love will always be there 4 you, I do swear. Unlike millions, I watched you from a distance and observed your every move and stance, for sure, this love has been tough and is not a matter of luck by chance. I know there were and will be many like you, But I dint or will not love them as I love YOU. I very well know that you are married, But my feelings for you cannot be buried. I also know that soon you are going to be dad, But that doesn’t make me

Dear Moradian Sir

This post is regarding a lecture @ Welingkar's foundation fortnight.So I apologise to my non Welingkar readers if they are not able to connect :( “Don’t miss Moradian Sir’s session! He will make you forget to go to the loo!!” said one of our seniors one day “Since then I had been eager to see who and how this Moradian fellow was ! I waited n waited to hear his name in next days speaker’s list. After the long wait on second last day of the fortnight they announced his name.I was super delighted…then they announced the time..8.30 -2.30..”Wahttt !!” I thought “Never ever sat in one place..for that loooong ..and that too on a Sunday!!”I panicked silently..feeling sad for my but*s :) But you see..'sala I had no CHOICE  na :) :)' Next day when we entered the auditorium, the fair Parsi* was setting up his laptop.He was ½ n hr ahead of his time. The scene was like the guest speaker was welcoming the audience :) When laptop was checked..presentation was checked …very neat

Interesting Derivation ...

I read two axioms today... 1. A woman dresses up to impress men. 2. A woman’s wardrobe is characterized by pinks and floral prints. Read them again ... Firstly do you agree to the two ? If you dont, then read furthur... Secondly just think what u can derive after you combine these two ??? If you cant then read furthur .... As you aaaalll know that I have a bad habit to think over any crap,I thought over these two axioms and came up with an interesting analysis.... Axiom1 Women dresses up to impress men. As for me, currently this axiom is a holy shit as I never wear anything to impress anyone!!! But, But,But  if I think generically this clichĂ©  is absolutely TRUE . I remember my aunt saying once while buying a saree “Owww! I like this this color but your uncle doesn’t :(  so I wont opt for  this one” One of my roommate once said “I know, I wear this top like a thousand times !!Actually I hate it but my boyfriend loves it “  and everytime I shouted mutely …“Hellow ladies .